From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: Want to Contribute
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:35:39 GMT
Hi Charith,

Looking through JIRA is a good start.

Before we can accept a code contribution, we need you to sign the Apache
CLA (contributor license agreement) [1].

If you're on a Mac, then you can use Preview to digitally sign the document
(Preview => Preferences => Signatures) and you use HelloFax [2] to fax the
document in a more modern way.

JIRA is the best place to get started with contributions. Each issue has a
"Fix Version" field that shows what release we plan to fix that issue. So
1.9.0 are the next release, 2.0.0 are the following, and Master means we
have no release set. Once you find an issue that you're into, just comment
on it and let the maintainers know that you're looking into.

At the moment, our Github mirrors [3] are not mirroring -
it's embarrassing for us and frustrating for our users. You can still fork
a Github repo and clone down your fork, but you will want to update the
source by adding the official Apache repository [4] as a remote. You can
combien the Apache repo URL with the repository name to form the
repository's clone address. For example, the Apache Git repository for
Cordova-iOS is
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cordova-ios.git.

To add the apache remote and update your fork, you would:

# change this address to the platform you forked
$ git remote add apache
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cordova-ios.git
$ git checkout master
# update your master to the latest source
$ git pull apache master
# create a branch to make your contribution (JIRA issue 642)
$ git checkout -b jira-642
# when done, push this branch to Github and send a pull request
$ git push origin jira-642

Hope that helps,
Michael

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/cordova/#contribute