From Drew Walters <purd...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.9.0rc1 BB distribution package issues
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:01:57 GMT
I downloaded the 1.9.0rc1 distribution package to verify the build and
do some testing and as anticipated have found that the new create
script will not work. I brought this up when the create script was
added but I think we need to discuss what the resolution should be.

The create script as written works fine against the BB repo but it
does not work within the distribution package (coho release).  This is
because the coho release is a stripped down version of the BB repo.
The create script expects to be able execute a 'ant dist' to build the
distribution. However, this is not possible since the files aren't
there since the coho release effectively does an 'ant dist' when
building its package and then packages only the needed files.

So, either the coho release needs updated to include all the BB repo
files or the create script needs to be able to work off of the
existing coho structure. There needs to be some resolution before
1.9.0 is released.

Thoughts?