From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] DON'T UPGRADE YOUR TOOLS
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:08:22 GMT
Yeah, I did that as well, but I couldn't find what the properties
were. I zoned out on the fact that because renderscript is a
command-line tool, the options would be similar to gcc.  Looks like I
need to spend more time writing some C code.

I added it to project.properties, so others won't run into the
problem.  I'll look at the camera fix now.

Joe

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our build.xml on line 109 includes a dependency on the Android SDK's
> build.xml. So when I see the error about "renderscript.opt.level" I
> realized it must be something introduced in version 20 of the SDK's
> build.xml. So I just grepped through the file to see what's what and
> that's what led me to the new properties.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, Where the hell did you find that? I've been stuck on this crap all
>> yesterday!
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Simon MacDonald
>> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If you are like me and set your SDK to upgrade over night you can get
>>> around this issue for now if you add:
>>>
>>> renderscript.opt.level=O0
>>>
>>> into your local.properties file. Then "ant jar" will work for you.
>>>
>>> Basically, these two new properties:
>>>
>>>    <property name="renderscript.debug.opt.level" value="O0" />
>>>    <property name="renderscript.release.opt.level" value="O3" />
>>>
>>> are used to set:
>>>
>>>    renderscript.opt.level
>>>
>>> when you run "ant debug" or "ant release" respectively. So we'll just
>>> need to provide the correct value for when we run "ant jar".
>>>
>>> Simon Mac Donald
>>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

a jar is broken, but not debug/release?