From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Format and Spec
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:45:17 GMT
Agreed fil, but are we planning on doing that for future releases ? If yes
that YAH we should support versions and the solution you described is
certainly an option. But if I were a plugin developer, I would not want to
update it every month to keep up with Cordova releases.
I don't disagree that there could be an Cordova version in the manifest
file that allows plugin developers to target a specific version of Cordova
(which would mean that the plugin was tested with that version but might
also work with newer versions).

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Yes, it has changed every month. Pretty much every minor revision from 1.0
> to 1.9 has changed the API (at least on Android).
>
> On 6/25/12 1:26 PM, "Anis KADRI" <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Right but does the plugin interface change every month too ? A plugin that
> >works with Cordova 1.x.x is not supposed to work with Cordova 1.y.y ?
> >
> >On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> You don't see any reason why plugins should support different versions
> >>of
> >> cordova? Cordova gets released every month. This seems like a pretty
> >> important thing to figure out IMO

> >>see

> >>in

> >>another

> [...]