From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Geolocation test failures in Mobile Spec
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:31:32 GMT
When I run the geolocation mobile spec tests on Android I get two
failures. Both getCurrentPosition and watchPosition complain that
p.timestamp is an Object when it expects a number. Well the native
Android geolocation API returns a Date object not a timestamp in ms.
Looking into the W3C spec for Geolocation the timestamp property of
the Position interface should be a DOMTimeStamp [1]. In ECMAScript,
the DOMTimeStamp maps to the Date type.

So it seems like we have a number of items that we should address:

1) Update the geolocation tests to expect timestamp to be a Date.
2) Fix the documentation to let people know the timestamp property is
a Data and not an integer of type ms.
3) Change the native implementations to return Date's not integers.

What do you think should I go create JIRA tickets for all these issues?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/#position_interface
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Core-DOMTimeStamp

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald