From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Media.startRecord behavior - should it create the file?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:05:57 GMT
Android:

1) Yes, Android creates the media file.
2) It is hard coded to "/sdcard" which is horrible. I may fix that in 1.8
for it to check for external storage and use the default directory which
would be "/sdcard" but at least it would check to see if the SD card is
mounted.
3) It doesn't return an error if the path doesn't exist which I should fix.

Honestly at this point I think we need to look at abandoning the Media API
in 2.0 and standardize on the Audio API. That is implement the W3C Audio
spec for platforms, like Android, that don't support it very well. Now that
we have the Capture API people can do audio recording via that API and
there is really no reason to keep this non-standard API around if we can
provide a standard compliant Audio API.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald