From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More issue gardening discussion: app root path
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:46:17 GMT
We floated this idea out once upon a time. The best resource I could find
on it was:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/phonegap-dev/Android$20media$20question/phonegap-dev/5_eneTcPBYg/nItMozwh8QoJ

There are a number of practical concerns when it comes to implementing this
however. On all of the platforms the APPLICATION file system would be read
only which could cause some confusion among developers who want to write
files into this file system. IIRC Justin did not find a way to list all of
the assets on BB. That may have changed with the some of the more recent OS
versions though.

Way back in PG 1.1 I had the stubs for an APPLICATION and RESOURCE
filesystem in the code but it was shot down at that point as it did not
follow the W3C spec.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald