From Simon MacDonald <>
Subject Re: [Android] DON'T UPGRADE YOUR TOOLS
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:46:04 GMT
If you are like me and set your SDK to upgrade over night you can get
around this issue for now if you add:

into your file. Then "ant jar" will work for you.

Basically, these two new properties:

    <property name="renderscript.debug.opt.level" value="O0" />
    <property name="renderscript.release.opt.level" value="O3" />

are used to set:

when you run "ant debug" or "ant release" respectively. So we'll just
need to provide the correct value for when we run "ant jar".

Simon Mac Donald

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:
> I'm using 1.8.2.  The issue isn't with ant, it's with the upgraded
> Android SDK.  If you upgrade the SDK, you get the new build.xml, which
> our build.xml depends on.  We wrote ant jar, but not ant debug.  We
> have to go in and see what's changed in the build script so we can get
> ant to compile.
> It's a ant script issue that is going to be a pain to resolve, and
> it's what I'm working on tomorrow.  For the meantime, if you want
> things to compile, don't upgrade to r20 of the Android SDK.  It'd be
> nice to remove the dependency on the SDK, but we weren't expecting for
> things to fail so badly.
> Joe
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Lorin Beer <> wrote:
>> Hey Joe,
>> silly question, but what version of ant are you running? Compiling to a jar is broken,
but not debug/release?
>> - Lorin
>> On 2012-06-27, at 5:19 PM, Joe Bowser wrote:
>>> Hey
>>> I foolishly upgraded my tools today, and the current ant files are
>>> borked. You can't build a jar for Cordova right now with r20.  This
>>> means that I haven't been able to test anything today because of this
>>> issue. I tried an ant debug and that worked fine, so I'm guessing
>>> Goole changed the steps again, so I'm going to go spelunking in the
>>> build.xml tomorrow.
>>> But whatever you do, don't upgrade just yet!!!  Things are still broken!
>>> Joe

View raw message