From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Git support
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:02:53 GMT
I just wanted to flag a new Incubator proposal I'm a part of that may,
or may not, help with the ASFs provision of Git support for projects
like yours. It's the code behind Sourceforge and, as such, provides
tight integration between the various tools. See
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AlluraProposal (feature set at
http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Features/)

One of the things that I would like your input on is whether or not
this toolset goes any way towards solving any of the remaining issues
you have with the ASFs support of Git workflows from your perspective
as a heavy user of Git and GitHub.

Note, I don't mean to imply that the ASF will be adopting this as
infrastructure here, we are a long way from evaluating that. However,
some early feedback from this project would be helpful to me as a
mentor on the Allura project.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)