From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release 1.8.1
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:43:45 GMT
To clarify more on my recommendation ...
I am recommending:
1. none of the file names gets modified to reflect the new revision, all
cordova.js files will still be cordova-1.8.0.js ( ie this change is
COMPLETELY API compatible with the previous release )
2. a new distribution is packaged and distributed via the normal means, and
it is titled 1.8.0.hotfix1.zip or something similar.
3. the new distribution contains NO changes to device platforms that have
not changed ( everything other than iOS )
4. the new distribution contains an updated readme, or something at the top
level indicating what was changed, and why, ie, mainly what platforms need
to be updated.
5. the source repo (iOS) gets a new tag that reflects the point in time
when this distribution was packaged.

This means the following :
a) we don't have to go back in history for platforms that have not changed
b) any new users downloading from phonegap.com will get the latest code
c) any users already on 1.8.0 should download the new distro, but if they
are not working on iOS, may not even need to.
d) we do not need to rebuild cordova-js for all platforms, or update
VERSION, or update the docs, or yada yada yada, ..

--
@purplecabbage
risingj.com