From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release 1.8.1
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:13:16 GMT
I agree with Anis, if I we are going through your proposal Brian, there is
little to no benefit over updating everything.

In my estimation, the iOS fix will not require an update to cordova-js,
which may be our line in the sand. If cordova-js need to be rebuilt to
address an issue, then we will probably always have the full cascade of
rebuilds+retags+hoopla.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is cordova-js updated in this particular case ? Because if it is, the
> platforms that use it can just be tagged 1.8.1 and we ship
> phonegap-1.8.1.zip (just simpler).
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > Well, here's the proposal again.
> >
> > 1. We ship a package and it is titled phonegap-1.8.x.zip
> > 2. Inside that package we have files. Those files are explicitly
> > *-1.8.*.* (cordova-js would need a tag for 1.8.1 for projects that use
> > it..)
> > 3. We update the download with PATCH updates as they come on a
> > platform by platform basis (as needed).
> >
> > This could get messy given the shared dependency of cordova-js.
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I only added the patch level on the assumption that it might happen
> again
> > > before 1.9.
> > > But I can live without it.

> on