From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Re-introducing getContext and deprecating
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:21:14 GMT
I think you should put the date that you deprecate it, not the date that
you expect to remove it ... or the version number that it is deprecated in.
We have no idea what will happen between now and December ... there may be
a reason that we need to remove it sooner. ( although our published
deprecation policy should state that we 'intend' to keep it around for 6
months, we should NOT guarantee that it will be there for 6 months. )

Typically I view deprecation notices as 'Do Not Resuscitate'
if keeping it around becomes more work than letting it go ... then let it
go ...

--
@purplecabbage
risingj.com