From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iOS - the time has come - we need to have selective compilation of core plugins (app rejection for inclusion of Contacts API)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:56:34 GMT
Hi Ken,
Currently with iOS we ship a pre-built static lib with all the API
code baked in. This was to overcome Xcode 4 template limitations
(can't define a sub-project, can't define a www folder reference),
which we are removing these limitations by requiring users to create
projects through the command line in 2.0.0.

Since they would require Xcode anyway, there is no dependency, they
just press "Build" and it all should work fine, building the
CordovaLib subproject. This way they will solve the problem by just
removing the Contacts code from the sub-project as they see fit to
satisfy Apple.

Shaz

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Ken Wallis <kwallis@rim.com> wrote:
> Just to understand, are you referring to compiling platform "native" code as part of
this?  Just wondering if I am understanding, as this would introduce a bunch of dependencies
for the end user?

> We had this with WebWorks where you had to have a JDK for BBOS and AIR for PlayBook as
our packaging process would build the APIs.  We are looking to have prebuilt APIs for BB10,
and therefore limit dependency on our Native SDK to those people looking to create custom
extensions.

> But I probably am not understanding the situation. ;)
> --
>
> Ken Wallis
>
> Product Manager – BlackBerry WebWorks
>
> Research In Motion
>
> (905) 629-4746 x14369

plugins (app rejection for inclusion of Contacts API)

> Yup - that's why I slated this for 2.0.0 a few weeks ago, but looks
> like we need to push this for 1.9.0
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>> guess its time we stopped shipping the prebuilt and start looking at
>> shipping the src / compile. this will fix our 'permissions for all the
>> things' in android land too
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> May or may not be related to this issue:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-902
>>> That's in the future though, but I guess they are preparing now in
>>> existing apps.

> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged
and may be unlawful.