From Shazron <>
Subject - addition of iOS option for hardware mute button support (CB-906)
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:21:06 GMT

Adding an iOS option for
iOS already has its own quirk for play (numberOfLoops option), I would
just be adding "playWhenScreenIsLocked".

Read the article link why this is needed. Going to the Web Audio API
doesn't solve this wrt to the hardware mute button for iOS 5 and
below. With iOS 6 there is built in support to UIWebView but I haven't
tested yet what happens to audio instantiated with the Web Audio API
when the hardware mute button is toggled. There is no way to detect
toggling of the hardware mute button in iOS > 4.

View raw message