From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UUID on other platforms
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:40:50 GMT
Well considering we (may?) have consensus on a half-year time-based
deprecation policy (not that we have agreed on deprecating this uuid
property), I guess this will stay for now.

My notice to the list is that the iOS uuid implementation as I
proposed will change according to iOS version (but we'll cross the iOS
6 bridge when we get to it)

We could also move this to a JS based implementation of uuid, since we
ship this function:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-js/blob/master/lib/common/utils.js#L62
- we call that, and save to localStorage, and retrieve etc

That will make it pretty consistent across app platforms, and for our
docs. We should move away from privacy-breaking hardware identifiers
because of potential platform policy reasons (read: Apple). My
suggestion - if devs want this, they can write a plugin (it can even
be cross-platform - basically our existing uuid core implementation
ripped out as a stand-alone plugin).