From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release 1.8.1
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:42:49 GMT
Not really sure where we are with this. Looks like there is friction
with updating *all* platforms to tag 1.8.1 (like the way we did
before). I'd say tag cordova-js 1.8.1 to the same tag as 1.8.0. Then
iOS updates and tags to 1.8.1. Source is fine - but binary
distribution, dunno. The reason cordova-js has to be tagged 1.8.1 is
because the cordova-js in a new project will be called
cordova-1.8.1.js, and if it is not tagged, it will be confusing.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, where are we with this?
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
>> The benefit of version numbers to track bugs which is pretty useful I
>> think! =) I've just assumed we'd want to synchronize the cordova-js
>> version number to the native code as a rule of thumb for sanity.
>>
>> Is that assumption incorrect?
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I agree with Anis, if I we are going through your proposal Brian, there
>> is
>> > little to no benefit over updating everything.
>> >
>> > In my estimation, the iOS fix will not require an update to cordova-js,
>> > which may be our line in the sand. If cordova-js need to be rebuilt to
>> > address an issue, then we will probably always have the full cascade of
>> > rebuilds+retags+hoopla.

>> that

>> based

>> platforms

> [...]