From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Media.startRecord behavior - should it create the file?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:54:39 GMT
On iOS the file to record to in Medis.startRecord must exist.   Since the
other platforms don't specify in the docs that the user must create the
file for recording, I assume the file is created.

With the platform maintainers please confirm:
1) is the src file for Media.startRecord created if it does not exist?
2) If it is created, what directory is it created in?
3) What error is returned if the provided file path is not valid?  not
writable?  is "www/fileName"?

Should iOS update to match the other platforms for 1.9 (assuming there is
already some consistency in the other platforms)?  I think we talked about
overhauling Media and Camera for 2.0, if so, the iOS changes could wait
until then.

thanks,
-becky