From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject config.xml all the things
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:50:18 GMT
We have a proliferation of manifest-like files that are, mostly, XML.

iOS
- [APP_NAME]-Info.plist
- Cordova.plist

Android
- plugins.xml
- cordova.xml

BlackBerry
- config.xml <---yay
- plugins.xml <---wait, wat

WindowsPhone
- ?

Bada
- config.xml <--- yay

* * *
I created a parent issue [1] to resolve these into the W3C Widget
Specification config.xml [2]. I think the best way would be to keep
the existing files but add support for the config.xml file (which
compiles into the other files). There is prior-art in the form of
PhoneGap/Build [3].

This will have the added benefit of bringing more of the small
inconsistencies to light (such as the plugin load issue recently
discussed that uncovered this one)!

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/
[3] https://build.phonegap.com/docs/config-xml