From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: release 1.8.1
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:45:39 GMT
I'd like to propose we take jesses suggestion but with the tweak that
we do not add a new patch level. The downstream distribution would
just read:

phonegap-1.8.x.zip

wherein the ios distrib would be based on 1.8.1 and all others based on 1.8.0

I feel this is maintainable and easiest on implementors for platforms
that do not need to rock a patch tag. Thoughts?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Android will not be merging 1.8.1 back into master, since it will be based
> on 1.8.0 pre-CordovaWebView.
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Michael Brooks <michael@michaelbrooks.ca>wrote:
>

>> > Hmm.. Can we have multiple tags in git pointing to the same commit? This
>> > way we COULD tag all platforms, but non-ios platforms' 1.8.1 just points
>> > to the same commit as 1.8.0.
>>

>> Yes, a tag is just a reference to a SHA. However, we still need to update
>> the VERSION file for each platform.
>>
>> All platforms but iOS should be able to branch off 1.8.0, update the code,
>> and merge it back:
>>
>> - `git checkout -b 1.8.0 new-release`
>> - update the version to 1.8.1
>> - `git commit -am "Version 1.8.1"
>> - `git tag 1.8.1`
>> - `git checkout master`
>> - `git merge new-release`
>> - `git branch -d new-release`
>> - `git push origin`
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hmm.. Can we have multiple tags in git pointing to the same commit? This
>> > way we COULD tag all platforms, but non-ios platforms' 1.8.1 just points
>> > to the same commit as 1.8.0.

>> gets

>> through

>> it,