From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: one file to rule them all: some post 2.x thoughts
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:30:17 GMT
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we could ship cordova.ripple.js in the cordova.js project it would make
> our code a lot simpler for emulation (Ripple could include the file for now
> and cordova command line could build it later).

I don't have any problem with having a "ripple" platform in cordova.js.
 Not sure I want 10's or 100's of platforms there, but ripple is obviously
a "platform of interest".

> We are currently heads down attempting to fix a bug where we somehow have
> the old version of exec closured (even though we have replaced it earlier).

Well, this is an interesting possibility also - how "hackable" is our
runtime - can you arrange to "swap" out a module in a "built" cordova.js
with a different one?  Would be useful for diagnostic purposes, for
instance.  But I imagine this will be difficult, or worse, a loaded gun
that people will start shooting their toes off with.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org