From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] using JSON.parse to parse messages from native
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 01:00:55 GMT
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> If JSON.parse is available then definitely use it!

JSON.parse is always available, worse case is adding it yourself:

    https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js/blob/master/json2.js

(note, this doesn't even have Crock's "do not use for evil" clause!  (I
think the Java version does though))

Unless there is a size/speed issue with using this code, if you don't have
JSON built in, please use it - or something equivalent.

I guess I'm curious to see if folks have been dependent on eval() for other
reasons.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org