From gtan...@gmail.com
Subject Re: XHR2 vs FIleTransfer
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:58:11 GMT
I would vote we should go with XHR2 and polyfill it into the platforms it isn't supported.
------Original Message------
From: Joe Bowser
To: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
ReplyTo: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: XHR2 vs FIleTransfer
Sent: Jun 26, 2012 1:39 PM

Hey

I know that we've been debating this, but I'm wondering if we're
abandoning/deprecating FileTransfer in favor for XHR2 and what the
pros and cons are.  I know that I saw something about Binary Upload,
and I agree that it'd be better to do that.  Also, there are numerous
tickets regarding FileTransfer that people want looked at, and I'm
wondering if I should prioritize them for 2.0 or if I should close
them and say that XHR2 is the way of the future and that they're
welcome to fork this off as a plugin.

In short, what are we doing with this?

Joe