From gtan...@gmail.com
Subject Re: one file to rule them all: some post 2.x thoughts
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 23:40:42 GMT
I have really liked the mobile-spec cordova.js file (option 2). If we have enough runtime information
to figure out the platform (is useragent enough?) we could continue building platform specific
files and include them at runtime.

Could then be handled better via the cmdline tooling to only include platforms they care about.:

cordova add ios
cordova add blackberry

-----Original Message-----
From: Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:45:53
To: <callback-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: one file to rule them all: some post 2.x thoughts

I vote for including the javascript generation as part of the build process
(or separate).
It could:
- include the plugins that are needed (contacts, etc...).
- use the right exec method and inludes the right  platform-specific code.

Pretty much what cordova-js does right now with the ability to select what
plugins you want.

advantages:
- smaller file that just includes what you need in terms of plugins. Faster
load time.
- Doesn't include plugins that are not supported by the targeted platform.

I find it easier to deal with one file that has everything I need rather
than having to include multiple files. but that is just me.