From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Obligatory Vacation Notice
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 15:56:35 GMT
I'm reviewing the changes between current master and the CordovaWebView
branch on github [1]:

I did a grep for "TODO" in the java code and found a few comments dropped
in by Bryce:

framework/src/org/apache/cordova/App.java:51:            else if
(action.equals("show")) { // TODO @bc - Not in master branch.  When should
this be called?
framework/src/org/apache/cordova/DroidGap.java:254:        // TODO @bc -
What about fullscreen?
framework/src/org/apache/cordova/DroidGap.java:340:        // TODO @bc -
background color doesn't work

I can talk about the top one (the App plugin's "show" action).

Essentially, it was to fix a specific issue, during the JavaScript boot up
for Android, there was a call to prompt() that would tell the native
framework to show the web view. I have instead changed that to route via
exec(), and thus added an additional action to the App plugin to
encapsulate that functionality. A commit in the js [2] introduced this. We
just have to get the latest cordova-js dropped in and that should work
out. The reason for this is procedure, we want to keep reusing the same
mechanism to talk to native (I.e. Exec()) instead of using exec for
certain cases and the underlying mechanism for exec() in others. Also, for
emulation tools such as Ripple, changing this to an exec() call gets rid
of an annoying prompt if you are emulating Android.

Other than that I think everything is OK. Pull in latest cordova-js and we
should be golden.

Bryce/Simon are there any other questions other than the three I've
identified above?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android/compare/master...Cordov
aWebView
[2]
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-js.git;a=blobdif
f;f=lib/android/platform.js;h=afab8e11899eb1f560a630539d470535e24f0914;hp=7
c38206f2f7d1be755236859df23e6b57a61c7e7;hb=9a080cc2704171a4169739b2c94ca554
27b92f93;hpb=71d806e61e5240ccf9f6299500741b68ea9c5d3d

On 5/14/12 9:58 PM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think we have a different idea of what merge nightmare is, since it
>didn't look that bad.  That being said, there's a lot of code that was
>changed to the old pre-cordova-js way of doing things.  Are you sure your
>repo is up to date with the master?  I've been doing merge commits on the
>CordovaWebView branch the whole time, so there shouldn't be a huge
>difference between master and the branch.  Also, I'm seeing stuff in your
>tree that I haven't seen since before the cordovajs change.  Fil, can you
>look at the diffs and make sure that I'm not just seeing things?
>
>Finally, can we please decide on a format? Are we using tabs or spaces in
>Java files, and how many spaces.  I thought we settled this a while ago
>with spaces, but I'm not sure, and these commits look weird.  I'm certain
>that I'm doing something different than other people again with my "Death
>to Tabs" kick.
>
>On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Bryce Curtis
><curtis.bryce@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've pushed changes to CordovaWebView branch.  Hopefully I didn't mess
>> things up too bad, but merge was messy.
>>
>> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Simon MacDonald
>> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Just wanted to make sure. I'll do the call before heading over the
>> > conference.
>> >
>> > Simon Mac Donald
>> > http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

>> anyway.