From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Platform permissions and documentation
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 16:49:49 GMT
Hey all,

This was brought to my attention via this thread:

Tl;dr: knowing which core plugins map to which necessary permissions as
defined in the AndroidManifest. The same would apply to BlackBerry. Some
people trim their permissions list in their app's manifest (as they
should) based on which plugins they are using.

Presumably, this problem should be solved by constraining users via the
CLI tools.

That said, I believe it would be good to either:
- document the mapping of core plugins to required platform permissions, or
- tweak the implementations on Android + BlackBerry to check which
permissions exist in the app's manifest and return a meaningful error
message to the user (should be doable on Android [1])

(or both ;) )

Thoughts?

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/4409222 /via Joe