From Drew Walters <deedu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova BlackBerry WebWorks SDKs (5.0 / 6.0 / 7.0 / 10 / PlayBook)
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 13:20:23 GMT
Personally, I feel the Air route seems like a short lived dead end and
wonder if it is even worth investing more time in. I understand that
it can offer a stop gap until a true BB 10 implementation is ready but
its hard to be motivated to work on something that is hopefully
dead/suboptimal in 6 months time frame.

I was hoping that the BB 10 WebWorks SDK would have the custom
extension framework ready but that is not the case:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/BB-10-WebWorks-Extension/td-p/1715469

However, this doesn't mean work can't be done in the meantime. The
native code implementations could still be written and then merged
into the framework once it is available. I see this as having more
long term value then enhancing the Air implementation.

As far as separating the repos...... I would agree it seems to make
sense now to separate the repos. However, from an end user
perspective, having a single repo allows us to build a distribution
where the end user can have a single project and build both the java
and Air versions of their application.

If we separate into three repos (java, air, c++), what does the
distribution look like?  Would there still be a single sample project
that is capable of building the different versions or would there be
independent build implementations?

Also, when we rename, can we drop the "webworks"? Right before the
move to Apache we had dropped the "webworks" such that the repo was
phonegap-blackberry.  That got lost in the move to Apache though.