From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CordovaWebView meeting
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 22:04:22 GMT
OK, since this looks hard, here's what I'm using to test:

https://github.com/infil00p/CordovaViewTest

(Note: I didn't delete or ignore the jar in the libs directory)

I should be able to see mobile spec start up on this one and give me the
basic device info, however I don't get that.  I also don't see any errors
in Logcat, which makes this even more frustrating.  At least the DroidGap
method is still working.

On another note, since the CordovaWebView method of building apps is so
different than the DroidGap method, where would documentation go? While
this might affect plugin developers, this branch shouldn't affect regular
users of Cordova at all.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I use DroidGap, mobile-spec works fine.  If I use CordovaWebView as a
> component, it doesn't work.  If I don't get it working by EOD today, I'll
> just commit a test example on my github.
>

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Not sure what you are seeing in mobile-spec, but for Automated Test,
>> my testing shows:
>>
>> CordovaWebView branch: 224 specs, 4 failing
>>  - navigator.contacts save (due to timeout)
>>  - window.resolveLocalFileSystemURI
>>  - FileTransfer download method (due to timeout)
>>  - Media position
>>
>> Master branch:  224 specs, 4 failing
>>  - Same 4 tests failed
>>
>> Galaxy Nexus 4G with 4.0.2.
>>
>> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > We can still remove it.  I used console.log instead, because I don't
>> want a
>> > weird error when using the view in the XML.  BTW: mobile-spec no longer
>> > runs in CordovaWebView.  I'm looking at it now, but I don't know if I
>> can
>> > get it fixed by the EOD today.

>> was

>> need