From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] - Merging CordovaWebView into Master this week?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 20:56:41 GMT
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:

> Should I be using a particular cordova.android.js file when doing my
> testing? I'm using the latest from the js project. When I do I get a
> few errors:
>
> 1) Trying to get a persistent FS fails so most of the automatic file tests
> fail.

I'll take a look at it now.  Last time I ran the tests it passed.

> 2) Every call returns a variation of:
>
> I/Web Console( 1103): JSCallback Error: Request failed. at
> file:///android_asset/www/cordova.android.js:3588
>
> but it appears that he call that I've made succeeds.

Strange!

> Other comments:
>
> 1) Plugins will break again. Every plugin I've tried (Barcode,
> ChildBrowser, TTS, VideoPlayer, etc.) has required changes in the Java
> code in order to compile.

I'm OK with this breakage if we document it. There's no way we can get
around not breaking plugins with this change, but It doesn't mean that we
shouldn't do it.

> 2) I don't like how "ctx" is a CordovaInterface but is casted to
> Activity or Context depending on what is required.

ctx is NOT a CordovaInterface.  ctx is now a Context,like it was before we
started overly relying on DroidGap. CordovaInterface is something that we
recommend that people implement if they want their random activity to work
with certain plugins that require parts of the Android Life Cycle.  This is
because we can't guarantee that we're using an Activity, a DroidGap or a
CordovaInterface, and we have to account for some people not listening to
us.  That's why we wrote CordovaException to be thrown for these plugins.