From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Command Line Tooling
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 19:39:22 GMT
Hi guys,

I did not want to mess with the current client tools for Android so I
created a new create script and called it create2.

The advantages of my script compared to the current one:
- It's only one script. It doesn't use a hidden .cordova directory and
doesn't use a secondary create script to work.
- It can be run from anywhere in the filesystem and you don't have to be in
the repository folder to run it.
- It checks if the android SDK tools are present in the user's PATH
- It has a usage helper
- It's not too verbose but verbose enough to know when something goes wrong.
- It doesn't delete a project if it already exists.
- It cleans up after it's done and when it fails.
- It uses some simple templates and doesn't have the sed usage bug that the
current one has. (ie: it doesn't create an AndroidManifest.xml-e or
exampleActivity.java-e)
- ... probably more things that I have forgotten.

It can easily replace the current one but I wanted to get it reviewed first.

https://github.com/imhotep/incubator-cordova-android/blob/master/bin/create2

If you want to test it out just pull from the repository and run that
create2 script from anywhere.

What do you guys think ?

Anis