From Bryce Curtis <curtis.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why apache cordova keep Polling and XHR two ways to fetch data?
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 22:17:57 GMT
I believe XHR is faster response on average and lower overhead than
polling.  I would expect addJavascriptInterface to be faster than
prompt.  If someone wants to write a test case for each, then we can
try it ourselves and provide results to a wiki page to quantify it
once and for all (or until the next Android version).

My bet is that the optimal case would be to use loadUrl("javascript:")
for Java->JS and addJavascriptInterface for JS->Java.  Of course the
problem with loadUrl("javascript:") is that it steals focus - though I
remember reading somewhere that someone implied they found a solution
- don't know what it was.