From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why apache cordova keep Polling and XHR two ways to fetch data?
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 03:04:52 GMT
Well adding on to what Joe said. XHR is going to be faster than polling but
we need both as some phones have a problem with XHR when their carrier puts
a proxy on the phone.

Now addJavascriptInterface is probably faster than the prompt method but if
we add it back in we run the risk of PG not working on some versions of
android. I gotta agree with Joe as all the evidence we've been able to
collect points to this being a emulator only issue. So it would be great to
switch back to addJSInterface but then will just be back to some versions
of the emulator not working with PG. I wonder how other frameworks get
around this issue?

Simon

--
Simon Mac Donald