From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject project ./cordova folder scripts
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 21:23:26 GMT
I have posted a comment on the JIRA issue for this [0] but need
clarification, so I am restating it here.

The closest thing to documentation on the CLI stuff is here [1], but it
does not cover any of the details pertaining to the JIRA issue.

My questions are as follows :

1. The iOS version of 'debug' seem to be able to build any project via
args, is this a requirement?
or because the template includes the scripts, can it be simplified to just
build the project that is in?
ie. Should I be able to navigate to the folder that contains A.xcodeproj
and build B.xcodeproj which is somewhere else on the file system?

2. For WP7 I have had to write a command line application in order to
install and launch the app on a device or emulator, should this exe be
copied over for every project I create?
OR do I need to write an installer to place it in a specific location that
I can depend on?
OR can I assume the user has added it to their path, and simply fail if I
cannot launch it?

3. In order to capture console messages from the device or emulator, I have
to open a socket in the command line app, and listen for messages passed
back to echo them.
This also means that the application being logged has to include code to
open the socket and write data back to it, which seems like a lot of
overhead. Also the emulator or device does not know the hostname of the
machine that launched it, so this data needs to be passed in via Isolated
Storage so it can open the socket.
Is it acceptable to add this much extra code to enable logging back to the
console that launched it?

As it is, I have all the pieces working, I just need to know how exactly to
put them together.

[0]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-663?focusedCommentId=13277070#comment-13277070
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign