From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checking platform + version in cordova-js
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 18:27:27 GMT
@Jesse I don't like it wrt to maintenance - you'll have to think of
the Xcode templates. There's already trouble with dragging in the www
folder for users, this would make it a maintenance and user nightmare,
since the .js file will have to be part of the template now to be part
of the bundle.

I like that we have a www folder to contain everything, and everything
is clear where everything is, just like a website. "Packaging issue"
--> seems trivial, but no.

Ideally I would rather pair (for iOS at least) the .js and the
.framework and NOT include the .js in the www folder. For iOS, I have
the .js included in the .framework bundle, and we could inject the
javascript into the UIWebView at load time. Don't know if that will
improve or make things worse, since I haven't tested this approach.
This way if they include a .framework bundle, they automatically get
the paired .js inside it injected - without having to upgrade their
projects. So it is kinda like your method, but more automatic.