From Shazron <>
Subject Re: Cordova for desktop
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:46:28 GMT
Mainly it's a:
1. size issue (embedded - big, system webkit - small)
2. control issue (embedded - more control of webview features, system
webkit - fluctuates with system updates)

Since we are not dealing with Mobile, issue (1) should not be a
problem, but we can't really have lightweight apps. Perhaps an
approach like how Adobe AIR does it with their Captive Runtime:

I updated Cordova-Mac last week to support notification.alert and
console.log just to play with it.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Dave Johnson <> wrote:
> Hi all, I just wanted to start a discussion about Cordova as a
> solution for building desktop apps and get some ideas flowing around
> what people are thinking about that.
> Good idea? Bad idea? What do people think about using the OS webview
> vs embedding webkit? Whatever else ...
> Thoughts?
> -dave

View raw message