From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API function: Open url in system web browser
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 18:03:27 GMT
Oops, you provided the source link. I'll test later today and report the
results.

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> iOS doesn't differentiate between target attributes in my testing. If you
> set it to _self or _blank, it would always set navigationType to
> UIWebViewNavigationTypeOther, so I don't know how you are getting these
> results. Send me your test project so I can verify your results and confirm.
>
> This is what I've said in the issue:
> From my tests, any anchor target value will trigger a new request, with
> its UIWebViewNavigationType as UIWebViewNavigationTypeOther which Apple
> defines as "Some other action occurred." in their docs for UIWebView (not
> really helpful), thus there is no way to differentiate between "_self" or
> "_blank". We are treating any target value as "_blank" effectively."
>

> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Randy McMillan <
> randy.lee.mcmillan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Demo app for fix:
>>
>> https://github.com/RandyMcMillan/openInSafari
>>
>> This fix seems to work as expected.
>>
>> Adding this to the MainViewController.m
>>
>> -(BOOL)webView:(UIWebView *)webView shouldStartLoadWithRequest:(NSURLRequest *)request
navigationType:(UIWebViewNavigationType)navigationType;

>>     {
>>         NSURL *requestURL =[ [ request URL ] retain ];
>>         if ( ( [ [ requestURL scheme ] isEqualToString: @"http" ] || [ [ requestURL
scheme ] isEqualToString: @"https" ] || [ [ requestURL scheme ] isEqualToString: @"mailto"
]) && ( /*navigationType == UIWebViewNavigationTypeLinkClicked ||*/ navigationType