From Dave Johnson <dave.c.john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remote platform
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 22:12:06 GMT
Hi Julien, I agree this sort of thing is needed - I also made a POC
doing the exact same thing with sockets so that I can write and debug
a phonegap app in chrome using desktop developer tools but getting the
actual device data so that I don't need to stub any data nor interact
with a simulator UI to control various stubbed data. I got stuck with
some issues around taking pictures and how the paths on the device map
to paths in the desktop browser, but it's not insurmountable.

I think it makes the most sense to have it work with ripple. For some
APIs like accelerometer it makes sense to get the data from the device
(it's easier to shake the device than simulate shake accelerometer
data) but things like geolocation make sense to be able to use the
actual geo data from the phone as well as stub data like a route or
something that you can't do easily with the actual device.

-dave