From Dave Johnson <dave.c.john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova for desktop
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 05:44:30 GMT
Well we can do node in our own webkit of course :)

https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit

At any rate, some of the requirements in my mind are (for the sake of
discussion)

- (optional?) security sandbox
- cross domain XHR (XHR2?)
- liberal and compatible license of other components (thinking of
various things here, not the least of which is shipping our own webkit
with <video> or <audio> tags that don't support important codecs due
to patents / licensing)

things that are not high on my list of requirements are things like

- file size (agree with shaz)
- consistency of embedded browser implementations