From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera API extension proposal: offer saving to photo album
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 18:08:09 GMT
What api are we talking about - Camera or Capture. Since Capture is W3C I
assume we are talking about Camera?

For iOS:
>1. Do images already get saved in some form to the device's gallery /photo
album app?
Not by default but Camera.getPicture() for iOS already has an option and
code for saving still images (which is all you get in Camera api) to the
Photo Album.
>2. If not, can it be done? N/A
>3. Are there other methods that one can employ to mimic this
behavior(perhaps using File API, for example)?
Via existing Cordova JavaScript apis? No.

There is a iOS bug open (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-248)
because the *Capture* api DOES save to the PhotoAlbum for still images but
not for video. Someone would like us to add saving video to the photo album
as well.  I don't think the other platforms save to the PhotoAlbum so
technically the fact that it does save still images is a bug in iOS but I
didn't want to take saving out once it have been in an official release.
 Also, there is commented out code to save a captured video - I commented
it out because I thought it was happening automagically but turns out that
is not the case.

-becky