From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: API function: Open url in system web browser
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 02:34:57 GMT
Ok, so read that, its referring to the target attribute but it looks
like you can check stil check for a url parameter on an NSURLRequest
[1].

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSURLProtocol_Class/Reference/Reference.html

So what I'm proposing is this: cordovajs walks the dom finding all
anchors with a target attribute and adds something like this to the
href:

Then, when clicked, touched, whatever, you capture if the URL
parameter named _cordova-target exists. If it does, spawn browser.

Dynamic links would be missed. I think thats an ok/fair quirk. If
wanted to be aggressive we *could* watch for dom mutation events and
solve that too tho I suspect it would not help performance!