From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android 4 URL parameters fix
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 13:33:22 GMT
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Javier EcheverrĂ­a UsĂșa <
jecheverria@viavansi.com> wrote:

> We are working on a Cordova 1.7 (when we started it was Phonegap 1.4) /
> jQuery Mobile project, with iOS, Android and BB as targets.
> Recently we noticed that our app was not working on Android 4 devices,
> because of a bug? in Android 4 which does not support parameters in file://
> URL's.
> It's well described here [1].

Ugg.  One of those android bugs where 95% of the discussion is "FIX IT
NOW!".  If you can provide any other references with a better content /
less noise, would be much appreciated.

> We have developed a little patch in Cordova - Android project and now our
> app is working properly on Android 2.x and 4.x devices. For that we
> followed a recommendation of a Google developer that participated in the
> thread.
> We would like to share it for evaluation by Cordova main developers,
> following Cordova's contribute page [2]

Awsome!

> We sent yesterday the ICLA signed, but we have been asked for an invitation
> to be able to commit; it has surprised us because it is not included in
> Contribute procedure, and since it is based on Github.

Contributor and Committer are two different "statuses" within the project.
 We can accept contributions from folks - who sign the ICLA - but who are
not yet committers.  (I believe that's right anyway!).

> Does somebody know how to proceed now?

I don't necessarily follow all the Android bits going on in Cordova, so I
don't know if you've submitted a pull request for the patch you've created
or not - but I don't see one via a cursory search of the -dev mailing list.
 That would be the first step.  Fork the
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android repo, commit the patch
to your fork, issue a pull request.

Before doing even that, perhaps you can post a URL to the patch that you
already have, just so we can take a look.  I didn't see an obvious link to
such a patch in your note or the the Android bug list.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org