From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova for desktop
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 21:07:23 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Denis Kormalev <dkormalev@ics.com> wrote:

> Why not to use Qt at all Windows, Linux and MacOS X? If we are talking
> about Qt5 (which is in development now) it

will have webkit2 inside (Qt4 has webkit1).

I suspect some folks will want their native UI bits (buttons, lists, etc)
to show through, instead of the Qt versions.  At least, the argument will
come up.  It always does.

But I'll nibble.  Got some links with info on this?

BTW, I saw the sad news on webkit-dev that "WebKit2 will never have V8
bindings", because that, of course, woulda been pretty fun, somehow pulling
the node.js infrastructure into the picture :-)

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org