From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject cordova.logger
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 17:05:49 GMT
I've added some doc on the new logger bits to the wiki, here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/LoggingPlugin

The relevant issues are grouped under as sub-issues of:

Additional things I plan on doing:

- deprecating the old iOS Debug Console plugin
- replace usages of the iOS Debug Console plugin with the new Logger plugin
- remove the iOS Debug Console
- implement a new "console-via-logger" bit of functionality for platforms
that don't have a working console object, but do have a Logger plugin.
 Basically, a shim for the Firefox Console API [1] that writes the messages
via the Logger.

If any other platforms need a native "logger", or want one, let me know, I
can tell you how to proceed.

One thing I don't have an answer for is "how can I shim the FireBug Console
API over an existing console object that only has console.log()" kinda
thing.  A lot of the console objects on platforms are lame-ish, and it
would be nice to shim the remaining function over the top.  As I start
working on the "console-via-logger" bits, it may become clear to me how we
can do this also.

[1] http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Console_API

--
Patrick Mueller