From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checking platform + version in cordova-js
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 20:38:05 GMT
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like that approach best so far, since it is relatively a small change,
> and easily proven.
>
> Given that we have detected a mis-match, how do we respond?
>
> window.alert is NOT supported on all platforms ( pre deviceready)
> console.log is NOT supported on all platforms ( pre deviceready)
>
> Should we just document.write('there is a problem'); ??

document.write() may be the best answer.

One thing I want to add to the console, eventually, is a way to have
messages logged BEFORE deviceready available to be added to the DOM
somehow.  That's how I ended up debugging my issues with startup code a few
weeks back.

I was originally thinking that we'd make the user ask to have the messages
added to the DOM, but the idea of document.write()ing them sounds better
(as much as I dislike document.write()).

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org