From Patrick Mueller <>
Subject jshint and white-space "fixes"
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 21:16:26 GMT
> "why you gotta do this to me pat?" [1]

jshint didn't complain to me at all, even though it seems to be running as
part of every build. [2]  What am I doing wrong?

That seems weird, because in, fact, I >did< see whitespace fixes in that
bada file (that you "fixed" in your commit), AFTER I had done a build.
 Because the white-space-fixer DOES run as part of the build [3]. Of
course, I didn't make any changes to the bada file, so was a little
confused it showed up as a mod in git status. (I reverted it before I did
my commit, so my "fixed" version was not committed).

It seems wrong to have the white-space-fixer run like that.  I don't mind
it COMPLAINING about a file with "wrong" whitespace during a "build".  I DO
NOT LIKE that it rewrites source code during a "build".

The fact that a bada file with "bad whitespace" ended up committed means
someone didn't do a build after changing the file, sometime before it was
committed, since the evil white-space-fixer-behind-your-back woulda fixed
it up.  >THAT< is a problem.

Patrick Mueller