From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API addition: application version
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 17:23:51 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> > Do we really need to make this async?
>
> no, no. thought we'd normally stay away from sync calls to the native
> bridge if we could. perf wise. etc.
>
> > The only upside to async is that we
> > can request the information lazily.
>
> oh, well I disagree here too! but lets save that for another day, like
> never.

To clarify a bit, what I was wondering if it was cheap enough to get this
info during startup and stash it away somewhere in JS, so it'd be available
at deviceready.  Maybe it's not cheap enough, in which case async() is the
way we'd want to go (get the information lazily).

Not clear to me how the widget data from config.xml surfaces itself to JS,
should probably be the same way.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org