From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject using wr to automagically build/test cordova-js while you're hacking it
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 13:51:34 GMT
I posted a little YouTube video yesterday showing how I do development on
cordova-js:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2GIE5GM4wc

step 1) open all the things in a text editor
step 2) open shell, cd <whatever>/cordova-js, run 'wr' in a shell window
step 3) as you save your files, wr will run 'jake' for you, off on the side
step 4) sip tasty beverage

There's some crazy related stuff out there, like js for web pages that
watch your build outputs, and reload the page when they notice changes.  At
some point I'll see if I can wire that up as well.

I lurve this kinda stuff - automate the "switch to shell, run build" and
"switch to browser, press reload" steps completely.  What else can we do?

Note that wr will work off a '.wr' file in the current directory when
invoked with no parameters.  We have one in cordova-js.  :-)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-js/blob/master/.wr

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org