From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standard project template
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 14:23:15 GMT
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kinda crazy thought: howzabout some kind of mini-REPL.  I often take the
> template and just add a button to it to get it to run some code, check the
> result of something, or whatever.  Would be even easier to do that sort of
> thing it we provided the capability, out of the box.  It's truly eval.

I tried this, and it's just awful.  Thought maybe in the simulator, but ...
no.  I retract the "mini-REPL" idea.

However, the first thing I did in the mini-REPL was to paste a sample from
the API docs in and run it.  Which reminded me about my thought about
making the API doc an app, where every sample has a "run" button next to
it, and an output area where the output is written to.

Compared to a green field effort like Libby's, having such an app would
ensure that our doc samples actually work.  Kinda dog-fooding the doc ...

This wouldn't be the "initial app" we ship; too complex.  Which is probably
true for Libby's app as well.  The initial app prolly shouldn't do much,
but I like Jesse's idea of writing the cordova version into the DOM at a
minimum.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org