From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jshint and white-space "fixes"
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 21:43:41 GMT
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> K I get that. So let's change it to only complain and not re-write tabs.
> And trailing white space if that applies here.

Yes.  And I understand there's something we may need to do w/windows re:
crlf's and git or something?  If so, a "complainer" task for that as part
of the build would be perfect.

Having separate "fixer" tasks, for things like white-space, would be good
to have in the Jakefile.  If we can rig it so that when one of the
"complainer" tasks complains, it also tells you how to "fix" it with a
"fixer" task - perfect.

I just looked at the jshint thing; I guess it assumes I have it installed
somewhere on my path?  I don't, of course.  (Because I write perfect code,
DUH!) Howzabout pulling it in via an npm dependency?  Looks like there may
be several choices, but this one looks like the "real" one:
http://search.npmjs.org/#/jshint

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org