From Bryan Bishop <kanz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remote platform
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 17:25:53 GMT
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Julien Bouquillon
<julien@revolunet.com> wrote:
> I have to look at dnode as Bryan pointed out. I may learn a lot from this
> project and it looks to fit quite well : remote exec, calls serialization...

I encountered dnode when I was doing some work with phantomjs
(headless webkit for scraping and ui testing). Unfortunately,
PhantomJS doesn't have many ways to get data in/out of its process,
because there are no compiled bindings yet.

So, as a consequence, one way to get information out is through
javascript on an open WebPage object. In particular, dnode is how the
phantomjs-node people use this. See here:

https://github.com/sgentle/phantomjs-node#no-really-how-does-it-work

Both javascript debugging environments are equally painful :-). I
haven't been able to get the phantomjs remote debugging bridge to work
yet (I'm pretty sure it does, though), and weinre doesn't.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507