From Ken Wallis <kwal...@rim.com>
Subject RE: Cordova and config.xml
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 18:13:46 GMT
Laurent and I were just chatting about this.  Certainly feel that we should have a common shared
format for application metadata.  Default option would be to look at the W3C widget spec which
we all are or already have done in RIM's case. ;)

That said, you know that we have gone past the spec already, and with BB10 we will have to
go even farther down the custom namespace route.  We (RIM) may need to actively diverge on
some concepts that might have Widget equivalents but just don't map properly (Not sure yet,
but starting to get a feeling...)  I would suspect that Cordova will need custom elements
as well.

Do we ask the question then, is this still the right choice, use widget spec as a basis and
expand where needed?  Use it as inspiration, but not be beholden to it?  Something completely
custom, or aligned with other initiatives like Mozilla?

Lots of questions... ;)
--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – BlackBerry WebWorks